Monday, July 24, 2017

Done My Best..... 7-24-17

Dear Friends and Family,
Thanks for all that you have done for me and for your support these last two years! This last week was amazing. Everything just really seemed to fall into place.

I was able to go eat out last week with a tons of my favorite missionaries and friends on P day. The work seemed to pick up a bit, we had amazing meetings with President and I just had my exit interview.  We had a great exchange and made stencils of the temple and used spray paint and handed pictures out. I was able to go back into my old area and have dinner at the summer house of the family whose son I was able to baptize. Recent converts in our area blessed the sacrament and gave talks. We had a ward picnic this past week.  Today I was able to see a person that got baptized in Odessa last summer and go by a family that I love that lives near the temple for lunch. Yesterday it was announced at church that our investigator, Sergei, will be getting baptized this Saturday! I can't be grateful enough. Work here keeps moving forward. I felt an amazing feeling of gratitude and peace in my nightly prayers this week that can't be expressed. Hard to say how I feel. Greatest feeling that I have done my best and that God is pleased despite all of my weaknesses.
I have figured out the "why" a lot more on the mission. I could go on and on but I know that this Church is true and that it is led by Jesus Christ through living prophets. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that we can all return to him thanks to Jesus Christ. The more I have used and applied the atonement of Jesus Christ the more I know that without it I would not be able to become the person that I am today. I could have said this all before, but it means a whole lot more now.
Not a whole lot of time so...Can't wait to see you all! See you soon!
Love, Elder Devashrayee
Taken right after my "Exit" interview with President

No comments:

Post a Comment