Monday, December 5, 2016

Don't Do It Again.... 12-5-16

Great last week. 

Highlights of the week: 

1. I was a father this last week. We had a (mini-missionary) with us for a week. He is a member from the ward and turned in his mission papers and started to live with us for a week. I feel like I understand my parents 10x better now ;). At one moment a phone was taken away, we had a talk about trust, and I was having trouble balancing the amount of attention I was giving to him, my (son) and ultimately my companion (wife). They both needed attention and they both speak in two different languages at the moment. On one of the times where a phone was taken away for the third time he asked, "How can I gain your trust?" The answer was simple. Just don't do it again. He could have washed all the dishes, he could have made me dinner, shined my shoes, etc. But the main thing that was needed was trust. Then I thought about our Heavenly Father and how many times I have told him, "I'm sorry, it won't happen again," and how many times he has forgiven me. Or even my parents. It was an eye opener to a lot of things. This week at times was a bit stressful with 2 people to take care of, but I feel like I really grew a lot and learned tons. If you are struggling to earn the trust of someone, God, or even with yourself... just "Don't do it again." 

2. We have been visiting a grandma for a while now that has recently lost a some loved ones. We were able to go over with our bishop this last week and it was amazing. The difference it made, and the gratefulness that we and the grandma had for the bishop to be there was all worth it. He magnified his calling, sacrificed his time, and made someone's day. Try the same this week! 

I hope you all are following the 25 days Calendar, here is the link!  https://www.lds.org/blog/bc/images/light-the-world.pdf?lang=eng
Even if you can't do it every day do something each day that helps you focus on Christ. 

Hope your holiday season is changing and you are growing,
Elder Devashrayee

P.S. Congrats to my cousin Oliver on getting baptized. That is an amazing choice you made and will always be grateful for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment