Monday, November 7, 2016

When...Not If 11-17-16

This last week was great.
Monday we were able to go with a few members to their assigned "Home teaching Assignments" and really found some people that had been off the map for a long time. It is great to see what we can achieve when
we just take initiative like these two members did in just stopping bye.

Tuesday we held a Halloween Party for the English class and we had a good number of members there too! It was blast, but I will let the pictures do the talking. Good time. We entirely switched our mindsets to "For the people" and it went 10x better and was fun to see the Ukrainians have Halloween haha. It is going to hard to ever top that Halloween. (Gonna have to wait another week for most of the pics though, other Elder didn't email me the photos yet, sorry!). But my comp and I had a great Halloween back at our place... Chocolate :)


We have an older lady in the ward that lost both her husband and her only son unexpectedly in the span of 2 weeks. This happened about 3 months ago and we have met with her a number of times since then. She
has refused to pray and it was our goal to help her do so. We went over the atonement with her and at the end she said an amazing prayer. To someone else, it would have sounded like an average prayer, but to me it was the answer to a lot of prayers and I know that it helped her too.

We also have a less-active  who is reading the Bible, and only the Bible at the moment. So we picked a story of Jesus from the Bible. He talked about it and then I remembered something that he had said the last meeting that was true. He asked, "How do we feel the love of God?" I said, "when we read the scriptures, pray, and etc." He then said, "Nope. We feel the love of God when we do something more, and when we serve people." I remembered that and compared it to a magnet that has been on our fridge at home for the longest time that I never really understood. The magnet said, "Hands that help are holier than hands that pray." We can pray and ask for guidance, but when we act is when we receive more. 

The story we read from the Bible was building your house upon the sand, or upon a rock. (Matthew 7:24-27) I remembered a bit from Elder Renlund's talk from last April. It went over that fact that in the scriptures it doesn't say, "If" a storm comes.. it talks about "when". I am convinced that it happens to everyone in life. I cannot honestly say it has happened to me yet... but it is how we act when this storm will come that defines us. He really opened up and we had a great discussion.

There is a Mormon Message that focuses on some families in our ward. Take a look at it. I thought it was pretty cool. Miracle of Personal Progress is the title of it. (I was able to find the link to this message he is talking about. Here is the message Click Here  - Lisa)

Had an investigator finish the Book of Mormon and we were able to fast with him. Excited to see where that goes.  Hope you all have a great week. Be happy. I am going to try to go a whole week without an angry, impatient, or ungrateful thought. 

Feel free to join me :)

Elder Devashrayee

Last week when we were able to go and rake leaves in that large park, the three of us got together to take another photo... we had one a year ago. We have all changed more on the inside than on the outside, but it was a good time.   Elder Houston & Elder Young.

Halloween Party - updated with photos






No comments:

Post a Comment