Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Primary is Awesome!..... 9-5-16

Not a whole lot to report this week. But meet my new companions: Elder Young (closer to me) and Elder Яшевский (further away) 
 And check out the view from our Balcony. 

Met some people, had some amazing dinners at members houses (nice to eat something good that I don't have to make), and had a great fast Sunday. 

This week the biggest thing for me was reading over the section "Revelation" in the book "True to the Faith". We shared that section with a few investigators that are really struggling to receive an answer/know how they can tell when the answer comes. If you haven't read it, you should.

I also stumbled across some anti-Mormon literature and really felt the power that Satan can have when people are curious and want to know more but don't go about it right way. I can see where a lot of our investigators have disappeared to. Sad but true. We can easily be swayed by Satan if we aren't on our toes all of the time.  I contacted a man who was "slack-lining" in the park with his family. It was great and I made sure to get his number before trying to slack line myself (ya, funny time, haha). Didn't want him to ignore what I had to say after he saw me try to slack line.

One of the highlights of the week was receiving cut out hearts from the Primary. We had the opportunity to talk to them about blessings and how we decided to each serve our mission. Most of what I had to say was what I saw/felt when Travis was out on his mission, and the blessings I saw/and keep seeing.  

I really tried to mentally prepare this whole last week for fast Sunday and I saw the benefits of truly searching for personal revelation. I didn't receive any huge answers, or a see a sign, but I had a great sense of peace with me the whole day, especially when I told the Lord my intentions. 

My new goal in every new ward is to find that "one" person and become friends with him. This time it happened with giving a member a blessing. The mission is a cleaning process, and I have been working hard to do my best to use the Atonement of Jesus Christ daily.(1 Tim 1: 12-15) I couldn't even tell you much of what I said in the blessing, because I can't remember most of it. I truly felt led and am grateful for the Priesthood. I hope you all have a great week. 
Help some one this week! Warn them, but love them. (2 Thess 3:15) 

Elder Devashrayee

Here is a photo of a church entrance in a near by area....  

No comments:

Post a Comment