Monday, August 15, 2016

I Am What I Am..... 8-15-16

Good stuff this last week. Not a whole lot to talk about though, strange how that works.

My companion (Elder Johnson) and Elder Houston (other missionary in the apartment) got sick this last week so I was with Elder Christofferson for a little bit. At one point we had a completely free day and we went out and the day just seemed to fill itself. It is the best when that happens.

We were able to play "Gator Ball" for P-day this week. Not sure how to explain it.... It's soccer, but you can kick the ball up and run with it and pass it as long as you don't get tagged. You can either throw the ball, or kick it, into the goal. Idk haha, fun though. Here is the group we play with... Missionaries, members and others join in. 


Some different things for this week:
* We have a group of people in the ward that are all mute. The person that signs for them taught me how to say, "Good morning Sister/Brother, I am happy to see you!"  so that was fun and different. A little easier than Russian :)

* My comp took a random pic, best thing about the pic though is the flowers in the back. Some grandma gave them to me last night. It was pretty funny to walk through metro and home holding flowers, while walking home with my companion. She was very nice to give them to me.

 *A member in our ward is really into poetry and I talked to him about it the last week. He then brought some for me on Sunday signed by him. Fun stuff. It will be a fun keepsake.

The biggest thing this week for me was this verse: 1 Corinthians 15: 9-10
For I am the least of the apostles (Missionaries) and do not even deserve to be called an apostle (Missionary) , because I persecuted the church of God. 10 But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. 

Grateful to be a missionary at this time in my life. Thanks to all of those that helped me get to this point in my life. Love you all.

Elder Devashrayee

Ran across this soccer field/basketball court the other day. Imagine how difficult it would be to dribble the ball down that court. As well as all of the busted ankles you would have. Thankful for our real courts back home.


No comments:

Post a Comment