Monday, July 18, 2016

1 Year Down..... 7-18-16

This past week was my half way point. Still can't believe it! I have a lot to do and learn this next year and I know it will be over before I know it and before I want it to be.

Last week flew bye, but at the same time Monday seems like forever ago. Last P-day we went to the Catacombs in Odessa. It was awesome. 
I was able to say goodbye to Odessa and the Black Sea and it was a moment I won't forget. 
Two of the older natives did a "Come to Jesus" this last week where they preached and answered questions for anyone that wanted to come by. They handed out nearly 1,000 flyers the week before and just 1 lady came. We went down there (Illycheck, my first area) and were going to be on crowd control and to help talk to the extra people there. They didn't need that :(. It still was a great experience though. 

The next day I was able to do a baptismal interview, my last one for that area, for their investigator. The grandma that I met there in Illy was the one who found him and has been helping the missionaries teach him. Incredible Lady!

When I headed up to Kiev I forgot how much I hate packing/moving my luggage all around. That's all I am going to say about the trip!

The moment I got back into Kiev my head just went up and up... there are millions of apartments and tall buildings here with freeways and I was just not used to it. I got to my area and met my new companion, Elder Johnson. He has been on his mission about 8 months and is from the Island of Man (an island by Britain). He has a Brit-ish accent and I am currently now learning another language haha. He is awesome.

My area is the харковский ward. We are living in the apartment with the Assistants and sharing the area. We also work half time in Борисполь. It is an area about 40 minutes out of our area and there is a town there with a bunch of Members that have stopped making the trip in on Sunday for church. I am excited to work there and possibly open up the area again. We will have to see.

Fun facts of the week:
I was on a bus and a hedgehog just came and chilled by my feet....

I had KFC and Dominoes Pizza for the first time in Ukraine - jury still out on how good it was :)
My companion looks like Captain America, no really!
I have been fed by members more times this last week than in the last 9 months. The weight is coming on...
Found a man to teach and the next day before the appointment he said he was too drunk to come...
I played something called "Gatorball" for P-day today. I will have to explain it later.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Elder Devashrayee

No comments:

Post a Comment