Monday, May 30, 2016

Ice Cream Surprise :)...... 5-30-16

Great last week here in Odessa. Received the news that I will stay here in Tairovo/Tairovsky for another transfer and will continue serving with Elder Jorgensen as zone leaders. Transfers fly bye... 

This last week we had some great success finding a less active that is 15 and just playing some basketball with him. At the end we had a spiritual thought and then he mentioned that he had given a Book of Mormon to his friend! It was completely out of the blue and we were able to go back on Sunday and talk with him and his friend. Apparently, his parents are Muslim but he broke off from that at age 11 and has been searching for God. He has tons of potential and has been prepared. Just goes to show that the Lord seriously does 99.9% of the work and we are just here to fulfill our duty/part. 

We were able to make some great connections with the less actives in the area and I can already see it growing and growing. It has to be my favorite part of this work to be honest. We also got caught in some unexpected rain lately. Wasn't fun, but we survived.
 

While at a lesson with one of my favorite grandma's of the ward, she asked what I wanted to be after the mission. I said, "I want to create/run an ice cream factory", she instantly jumped up and nearly injured herself as she remembered that she had ice cream bars for us in the freezer- haha it made my day! 

Not a whole lot of stories for this last week, just doing the work and a lot of different and fun interactions with people. I am absolutely positive that I am still here in Odessa for some reason, but I can't quite figure it out but I trust President Packer and the Lord that it is exactly where I need to be. It reminded me of a story in the Book of Mormon. Alma 16: 4-8. When you rely and trust in your Priesthood leaders, you will be guided and blessed. 

While trying to read the Book of Mormon in a month, before Elder Ballard comes, my testimony of the Book of Mormon and the truthfulness of it as the word of God has grown. Every day I have been able to mark it up on the topic of pride and humility. Every day I have been tested on what I learn and it has helped me grow. The Gospel of Jesus Christ can solve any problem and help with any decision. The more I have read, the more I have grouped Humility with Trust, Prayer, Obedience, Blessings, Peace and Joy. I am beyond grateful to be a missionary here in Ukraine at the moment and also grateful to my Father in Heaven for everything that I have been given. 
Hope you all have a great week and ENJOY SUMMER! 

-Elder Devashrayee 

p.s. Forgot to show you. We were tracting apartments and we found all these cool levels with pictures on them.  here are a couple of the murals. They were painted on the walls from top to bottom.



No comments:

Post a Comment