Monday, December 21, 2015

Centered on Christ..... 12/21/15

Part of this last week was spent in Kyiv for the Mini MTC training.  It was crazy to think I was there being trained just 3 months ago. Hahahah I think they just brought me back because I needed to go through it twice:) The biggest thing I think I took from that 3 day training in Kyiv was this.. 

When you plan out something: a day / time/ life and then you move forward putting your trust in the Lord, everything will work out. If you make a plan, then it can be changed according to what the Lord wants and what he knows is best for you. If you attack everyday (hours for me) with no specific plan, you don't give him the opportunity to correct/ guide you or to tell you that you are doing the right thing at the right time and in the right place.  Make a Plan and then have faith.
On the Temple Grounds - brings it all back to Christ!

The food was great in Kiev and we ate a great lunch and dinner everyday. It was a fight against the natural man in all of those meals haha. The Cheesecake was the best I have ever had.... or at least in the last few months :) We came back to Odessa with loaded days full of visits and lessons. About half ended up working out but we were busy for the couple of days we were back in our area. Our area is so cool! Every time I think I have seen it all, I walk around another corner and boom- cool stuff! 
Around another corner... Cool Stuff!

Through the hard times here many people come to me almost as a psychiatrist and it is crazy thinking that I am here and they trust me enough to spill their life over to me. This last week it happened a good 4 times and I just had to remember my job here and that I can help these people spiritually more than money or other things. 

Some man walking past us one day gave me a good stare and said something when he passed. Without thinking, I turned and asked if he wanted to know more about our church and he came up to me pretty fast and I thought "uh, oh" haha I thought I was in for a tongue thrashing and it just ended up with him saying "why the heck are you here in Ukraine?........ why are you here teaching about Jesus Christ and not just in America where you have money and jobs and cars and friends? This Church has been here for 1000's of years, why would you come over here to try to start your Church?....... Go home and teach about your 20 year old church back home....." hahaha I just kinda started laughing cause everytime I told him why we were here he just fired another question at us and then in the end he ended up comparing us to the church of science and we had a good laugh together and he said we were of the devil and that was that. Hahahaha it was an interesting conversation but a funny one. I wanted so bad to be able to give him something at least but he refused. Hopefully we at least left a good impression. Made me realize exactly why I am here and was a great experience.

It has been a great week and the area is really lit up in lights and trees and you can literally feel the happiness in the air. It is awesome. 


I hope everyone has a great Christmas! 
Elder Devashrayee
p.s. He sent a lot of photos this week. I have updated the folder with his 2nd Area pictures as well as his current area. Just wanted to let you know. You may have to go to "View full site" mode if you are on a smart phone/tablet.

No comments:

Post a Comment