Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Obedience is the Key..... 7-22-15

This week has been great! I really like the MTC and Russian is pretty crazy. I have learned a whole lot and I'm not going to get all preachy.. but the main things that I have drawn from this week are: The missionary purpose and truly just inviting others to Christ, teaching people not lessons, trusting in God, don't drink the orange juice, Sundays are my favorite day here, Russian is going to be worth it, true conversion is consistently turning away from the natural man, It's not about you, we need to develop the true character of Christ and turn outwards to other people and not inward, my pillow never dries from night to night, and I've learned to enjoy hymns a lot more! 

My district is awesome and the roomies are even cooler. My companion played baseball at AF and is really cool. His name is Elder Norton and he is really driven so that will help me. 


I can now bare my testimony, pray, invite, and follow up in Russian and more is to come! I'm already loving my mission and want to share what I feel here on a consistent basis to everyone else. We have been teaching a fake investigator named Igor since the second day we got here and all in Russian. It's an eye opener to what you don't know. My motto so far is from things I have heard all week. Absolute / Exact / Ridiculous - OBEDIENCE. "If you are almost obedient... you will almost receive blessings."

-Elder Devashrayee
The District

No comments:

Post a Comment