Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Have Come Full Circle..... 5-25-15

Another week in the books for Carmelo and there are great things happening! First one of my favorite photos - me holding the WORLD in my hand - just like a basketball. 


Now I'll start out with some of the people we have been teaching lately. 

So Patricia has been moving forward at a great pace and is loving the Book of Mormon and what it is teaching. We taught the Plan of Salvation in 2 different parts- Pre Earth Life to Earth Life and the importance of Christ`s Atonement and part 2 was Death to Kingdoms of Glory. We taught it all using the Book of Mormon the whole time asking questions and learning together. I love teaching the Plan of Salvation from that book! The Spirit always testifies of the clarity of His Plan. She feels great about it and is going to pray for her own baptismal date. The only struggle she is having is church attendance because of her husband only being home on Sundays and they always go out to see his 93 year old mom. She has a great heart so we can only teach, pray, and hope that she will make the sacrifice. 

The other guy, Nestor, that found us had a great week as well. We showed up and he invited us right in. There was also this woman Sylvia that is from Montevideo that visited him often in Prison. We invited her to listen and she was willingly. She told us that she admires a lot what we do and the friendliness we show to everyone saying hi in the streets with a smile. "We are different" she said. We were able to teach them the Restoration and Nestor remembered things as we were teaching him. Sylvia had great questions and loved the fact that we don't need to be confused. I bore my testimony about the clarity that the Gospel has taught me and the Restoration of it. She agreed to pray along with Nestor. We then went back later in the week to see how it went. They had prayed and felt good about it. We then taught the Book of Mormon to them and the blessing it contains of Christ's visit to the Americas. She had no idea He was here and we decided to read from that part. The testimony that Christ gives of His Divinity and the chance He gave the people to come unto Him to feel the marks really touched Sylvia. We invited them to read the Book of Mormon every day to be able to come to know our Savior more. Powerful 2 lessons and we hope to get another one in before she goes back to Montevideo. 

The other great news that we have isn't one that you normally hear about it. So there is a Brother in the Branch that has been going back to church now for about 7 months and wanted to get re-baptized. So this past weekend he had his Meeting with the District Presidency Saturday and will be getting baptized the 6 of June! He is really excited and Saturday while we were coming back from the Leadership meeting we could see the hope in his eyes and the relief that he was feeling. The Atonement of Christ is open to everyone and can heal who ever will come unto Him- That is a promise. His family is going to be blessed immensely and the Branch as well. He is coming back with Ganas (desire) to work and bless others. 

We also had District Conference in Colonia Centro Sunday. Our bus had some troubles in the morning so we ended up getting there about 30 minutes late. We had just barely sat down and our minds were all a little flustered from the strange happenings when I heard the President say my name to go up and give my testimony haha. I bore my testimony and it was cool because one of my first Sundays in the Mission I had been in that same church for a District Conference. Carmelo will always be a big part of who I am now. This place has really left its mark on me and my testimony.

I know that this is Gods Work and His Plan for us. His Son Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the World and I am positive that His love extends to everyone. He did the Atonement out of pure love for us and absolute obedience to the Father. I know that this is the Church of Jesus Christ that was restored through a living profet Joseph Smith. God answers prayers and knows each one of us perfectly. Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day and enjoys the week!
                              ELDER Devashrayee
Teaching in the Wild

No comments:

Post a Comment