Monday, March 30, 2015

Remember Christ & What He Did...... 3-30-15

Another week of adventures here in Carmelo! We have been seeing some Wonderful weather so I first off have enjoyed the streets more ;). Right now Carmelo is going through a strange stage of division between members because of some debts and failed promises so we have been on the "clean-up" crew trying to teach what Christ taught and solve some of what is going on. It has been going well and the thing I have enjoyed most with the members have been the reading a chapter in the Book of Mormon with them for lessons and pondering, asking questions and letting the Spirit testify. That Book is from God and I have no doubt about it. 

We have also been trying to take what President told us about Carmelo needing "new blood" to heart. The young family (Marcelo and Belen) have been receiving all kinds of answers and experiences, but that step of Faith is giving them some trouble. We are working with them a lot because they will be a great new couple in the future! 

This week we also had a miracle happen through teaching the Gathering of Israel to the Members. We were able to go out with the 2nd counselor to visit some people we had scheduled. When one of the lessons failed he told us "Elders we are going to visit my mother in law." We walked with him out to the Boonies, literally the last house on the block and she was home. She let us in and within a couple of minutes we could see the deep pain that she has been trying to hide for a long time come out. Her husband had died years ago and time hadn't taken that pain out of her yet. We started teaching the Purpose we have on Earth and what happens after through the Book of Mormon. It was such a cool lesson because Elder Gomez and I hadn't planned anything at all and the Spirit took over with the scriptures and the testimonies we gave. She felt the peace of the Gospel and she accepted another visit later in the week. 

When we went back the first words she told us were "I have been waiting for you guys to come back." We felt we just needed to teach her the baptism of Christ and explain the blessing of making Covenants with God. She accepted a baptismal date! May 9. She told us after "I don't know how many missionaries I have had teach me, but you guys are the first that GOT to me." The Spirit did it all once she opened up her heart. 2nd Nephi 33:1. She went to the Baptism that the Elders from Palmira had Saturday and all 3 hours of Church on Sunday. She is feeling the peace and now it is time to guide her to understanding the rest of this Message. She is going to miss Elder Gomez because he is going home in a week, but this past week of change she felt is going to affect the rest of her life. What a blessing it has been to be part of that experience. 

I know that this is the Work of the Lord and I'm so grateful the chance I have to be out here serving. I know that God and Christ live and have a Perfect Plan of Happiness and Peace. I know that Joseph Smith was called as a Prophet to restore the Fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ to the Earth. I know that the Book of Mormon is that Evidence and contains a special power as we read and ponder and apply. Thanks for all of your prayers and support.

I hope everyone also has a great week with Easter, being able to remember Christs' last week of life and the things he did for us all. I know He lives and has conquered Physical death for us all. Everyone will Resurrect with a perfect body. I also know that through Him we all have the chance to Overcome Spiritual Death and the Consequences of Sin. What a special time of year! Everyone go to Helives.Mormon.org and watch the video. Share it!  Love you all and have a great week!
                    ELDER Devashrayee
 Had my preaching opportunity on a 6 foot monument today. We ran 7 KM to a small beach called Punta Gorda :) Look it up

No comments:

Post a Comment