Monday, February 2, 2015

Trust and Confidence Brings Great Things...... 2-2-15



Wasssup!! What a great week we had down here in Uruguay! We saw great progress as a mission and me personally as a missionary here! It has been incredible. The mission as a whole had the highest attendance in Sacrament Meeting and the most Hours working with Members too. The new plan is already bringing great fruits! It is simply changing every members mindset to think about the Gathering of Israel ALWAYS. Going with us to teach the less actives and sharing the Gospel with friends and family. I'm excited to see what keeps happening! 

This week we also had 2 divisions with the District Leaders. One of them is finishing the mission here in 3 weeks and has been an amazing example and missionary. He was actually my Zone Leader back when I was a District Leader in Delta Del Tigre. He came to our area and we started out with a Companionship Study. It was a really cool experience.

We talked about the things that have marked us most in our missions. He read to me D&C 8:2 and we sat and pondered how important that scripture is and the need to learn how the Spirit works in us. I learned that the Spirit talks to our Mind, but what counts and what the Spirit will do is Dwell in your heart. That's why we feel the Spirit. I loved it. I then shared Helaman 12:1 which has been the biggest thing that I have noticed in my own life. I have so much to learn and that's why the Lord wants me to remember this Scripture. The Trust and Confidence in God is what brings to pass great things. It was a powerful study and it just led to great experiences that day finding people and teaching the Gospel! 

The other Division I went with a younger missionary to his area. It is the most Humble area in the Zone and to be honest I enjoyed being there a lot! We had many lessons with investigators and we were able to find a new investigator that was already excited about baptism! The poor in Spirit truly are so receptive to the Spirit. One lesson stood out to me most though. We got to the house and he told me that we were going to teach about the Book of Mormon and he wanted me to start the lesson. It was really cool because I felt that I should bear my testimony of the Book first. 

The Spirit strengthened my testimony of the Book of Mormon as I gave it. I have a strong testimony now that we truly don't know where our testimony is at until we share it and the Spirit has the chance to testify through us. Sharing your testimony is what will strengthen us. 

They were two great days, then came the rough part. I ate something that wasn't cooked right and it killed me! I woke up Friday night with my stomach in knots.... Needless to say I was in the Bathroom all that night and Saturday I was in Bed completely drained because I couldn't keep anything down- not even water. It was the first time that I really got sick on the mission and I am going to be praying that I don't have to go through that again! 

I know that the Lord takes care of us and His Love is always there for us. Trials, Pains, and Sicknesses come but it is exactly for that reason he suffered them for us. He knows us and what we are needing, we just need to go to Him and follow His counsel ¨Come unto Me.¨ I'm so grateful for the Restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. I know that it is the Plan that our Heavenly Father has for our happiness here on Earth and with Him for the Eternities. What a blessing it is. Let's share it with more people! Love you all and hope you have a great week! 
                        ELDER Devashrayee

No comments:

Post a Comment