Monday, January 26, 2015

Celebrating Eternal Families...... 1-26-15

Adding another week to the list! And a great week it was! I am thankful for the experiences I have been given!

So I have to start off with the best part. This past Wednesday I had the honor to travel down to Montevideo and meet up with one of my former comps Elder Toledo as well as Hermana Chen. In December 2013 we were all in Carmelo teaching Eduardo and Cinthia when he got baptized and the family started going to church. And now January 21, 2015 was when everything was made Eternal in the Temple :) We arrived at the temple early that morning and they were giddy as ever for the day. They first were Endowed and we were able to accompany them in the session! Cinthia was extremely emotional and Eduardo was more like "what just happened", haha - how I remember that feeling. 
The family (minus their daughter who was asleep in someones arms) and us Missionaries - all GLOWING!
More photos in the in the Salto picture folder

Then in the afternoon they were sealed as a family. Elder Toledo and I were the witnesses and wow I have to say I was truly so happy seeing that family be sealed together. Elder Toledo, Hermana Chen, and I all had a flashback to his baptism too because we had planned the Baptism and us as missionaries, we sang Families can be Together Forever. The Spirit that we felt singing that song and forseeing them dressed in white came true! We three stood there speechless after, pondering and enjoying the blessing that the Lord had let us participate in. It will be something that I will never forget and I can't wait to be in contact with them. :) 

Now I'll come down from Cloud 9 back to Earth. The week here in Ceibal was full of a lot of great lessons, scorching heat and seeing people with desires to make changes! One of the lessons that I enjoyed most was with a Less Active mom of 4 kids. We talked to them about the Atonement of Christ and the upmost priority it plays in our lives. We shared our experiences especially with the kids and teens. It was cool to be able to testify and give them counsel and hope for the future. They listened very intently. They didn't go to church Sunday, but I know that there was a seed planted there. Now we are just waiting to be able to talk to the whole family together and see if the father wants to enter in the path too :) 

We are seeing great things here in Ceibal and there is so much potential! The ward has a big vision of what it can become if we all work together in it. We have the goal that by the end of February to have 120 people in church and I truly have no doubt that we can get there. The atmosphere with the leaders and members is something that I haven't really experienced before. It changes when everyone has the same desire to rescue those that are off the path and try to find those who are ready to join in :) We are going to push forward building on those desires trusting in the Lord. Thanks for all of the love, support, and prayers you have given me! I appreciate them so much! Have a great week to finish out January? CRAZY!!!!
                   ELDER Devashrayee

No comments:

Post a Comment