Monday, November 24, 2014

Sacrament = Access to His Sacrifice.....11-24-14

2 0..... Two numbers together that I didn't think would ever come! Crazy. Thanks for the Birthday wishes.... My comp made brownies last night for me, delicious! And we are heading to a home for lunch today which will be very good... then dinner tonight with a bunch of members.  

But this week honestly flew by! I couldn't believe that I was already writing again and I had to start thinking about what I could share because the experiences are starting to get jumbled together and I don't want to share the same ones haha- boring. But we were able to see some great progress in the 2 converts here in Delta that has been a huge blessing to me. Gladys has now been baptized for 2.5 months and has been looking for work. She decided to fast back at the beginning of the month and a couple days later got work! It then turned out that she was going to be working on Sundays. She went forward with it and a week ago worked on Sunday. It was a hard to see it and we were praying like crazy that she would find a way to be able to come to church on Sundays. We went to her house during the week and we received quite the surprise. The first thing she told us was that she already quit her job! She said that she didn't feel good working on Sunday and wants to be able to go to church- she feels that it is part of her. I know that the promise in D&C 59: 9-10 is true. We are forgiven of our sins and through taking of the sacrament we are able to be found spotless. I'm so grateful for the sacrament and how it gives us access to the sacrifice of our Savior Jesus Christ. It is an Ordenance that is needed Every week. She had a great personal experience which is how we all grow in the Gospel. She is now looking forward to go to the Temple here in December!

And Mathias is doing awesome! He has set the goal to go out on the mission in a year!! He wants to study Preach My Gospel with us and learn how to teach the lessons. He was called as the 1st counselor in the YM's presidency Sunday as well. He also taught me a great lesson with the Sacrament. While I was helping him prepare the Sacrament for the first time the Mantle for the Sacrament table wasn't put away very well from the meeting prior to us and had a lot of wrinkles- He took it home after church to iron it. He understands the importance and I was able to learn from him. 

Examples can be given from everyone! I know that this Church is true, because it isthe church that gives us the chance to LIVE the Gospel and help grow and progress towards our Heavenly Father. The Lord Prepares us and wants to see us change. I learned that from Acts 9 and the story of Saul this week. Love you all and hope you have a great week and enjoy the Turkey Bird Thursday!! :D
                ELDER Devashrayee

No comments:

Post a Comment