Monday, November 10, 2014

Blessings, Pure Happiness and Joy...... 11-10-14

What a week! Time just keeps slipping by and I'm enjoying what I have been able to learn. The Lord is blessing Delta more than I can believe and the growth it is going to see in the future just makes me appreciate it all.

So lets start off with the HEAVY hitter first! Mathias' Baptism was a complete success and he is so happy- with true happiness. Thursday he had the interview with another Elder and the Elder left marveled haha. He couldn't believe how prepared and ready he was to be baptized. He said that with every question Mathias would just testify of the truth and the changes he has made in his life. His excitement is contagious. Then Saturday we had the baptism :). His Dad and Grandma came who have never gone to any church and in reality never have wanted to step foot into one. The peace that was felt when Mathias came out of the water smiling from ear to ear was a testimony builder for everyone. His pure happiness and joy as he hugged Hermano Velazquez, who baptized him, was unforgettable.  

Baptism is the beginning and the Lord forgives, I know it. His Dad and Grandma said after that they felt so good there and were so excited for the path that their son/grandson is taking. The dad even came Sunday to the Sacrament meeting to see the Confirmation! It was a great day for him to come because I personally think that it was the best church reunion I have had here in Delta. The Spirit of unity and peace was present and notable by everyone. I left that meeting just excited as can be for the blessings that have already started to appear. 

Friday night we were invited to a Family Home Evening with the whole family of President Smith. The 3 zones in the Montevideo area went and we each brought an investigator or less active with us. We took Luis and Paula who have been showing real interest in progressing. It was great though because the focus was on the Eternal family and with all of Presidents 8 kids, 5 of them with spouses, it really helped everyone see the blessing of the Gospel on the Family. 

Then on a personal note I grew in my testimony of the scriptures. I know that they are the Word of God and have answers inside for us. Repeatedly I have received answers and strength from them. I needed that strength and the Scriptures were the way that the Lord gave me it. I'm so grateful to have them in my life and the importance they play in God's plan- If you want to know the Plan you need to read the instructions! I know that the scriptures give us that direction and knowledge we need. Read D&C 98. I love you all and I'm so grateful for your prayers and support. I have really felt them and I know that I need them! Keep the Lord close and I know he will answer every single one of our prayers.
                    ELDER Devashrayee
Had a chance to take a stroll through Montevideo. It is a different world than Delta :)

No comments:

Post a Comment