Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Farewell to Abel AND Hello to Big Shoes to Fill..... 10-21-14

CHANGES! That is truly the word to describe this past week and this upcoming week too! I'll start off the announcements received from President: Elder Abel is leaving Delta Del Tigre and headed out to Salto! I'm staying here and I'm going to do a "training" for an Elder who is coming back to the mission! His name is Elder Eiker (I think it is spelled like that) and I have only heard great things about him from President! 

But I'm definitely going to miss the wonderful kid I was "abel" (hahaha I don't know how many times other gringos made that joke) to be with for the past 3 months! He taught me a lot and was a great example to me of positive attitude and look for the good in everything. He shared with me a quote that his mom shared with him and I really liked a lot: "Don't shine so others can see you, shine so that through you, others can see HIM." He has been an example of that and I think that the last 3 months I have grown the most as a missionary and disciple of Jesus Christ. 

Also, we were able to reach our goal of running the 5K in under 18 min.  The last time we ran we did it in 17 min and 43 sec. I was absolutely dead but we got it!!! :)  To top it off we had an incredible sunrise to cheer us on!


And now time for the other breaking news. So here in our mission we just opened areas in Brasil and Argentina.  With that news we needed to send missionaries to those parts so here in Cerro we are back to one Zone. Cerro San José had a great run for one change (six short weeks) and I loved it! Live and Die. But my stint of Zone Leader is done. I learned a lot in those six weeks!

But with that news comes another one. Here in Delta we have seen quite a bit of adversity with members and leaders, and this past week the Stake Presidency made some HUGE changes. They came Sunday with a bomb. After priesthood the 1st counselor in the Stake Presidency called me aside and asked if he could have an interview with me. I was aware that changes were going to be made to the Branch Presidency here in Delta, but those ideas were made real then! They released all of the Branch Presidency we have now and called a family from another ward to come here and he will be the new President- President Curbelo! 

He is from the Stake High Council, and I am going to be his 1st counselor in our Branch. It filled me with excitement to be able to learn and help Delta grow, and with those thoughts "How in the world am I going to be able to do that??" I quickly asked for a Red Manual for Leaders so I could study it.  I have already got some cool things that I have learned from the Scriptures and studying that manual: Jacob 4: 10-13. We can't counsel the Lord because He is the one in charge and has the answers and wisdom. We can learn that through studying and allowing the Spirit be the one who teaches us the things clearly for our Salvation. The Spirit will be the one to teach and guide 1 Cor. 2: 9-16. I may not know many things, but I know that He does and will be ready to guide me as I trust in Him and His Spirit with an open mind and heart. Delta is going through Radical changes, and I know that they are changes that are going to help a little branch reach its potential. 

We have some great progress in our investigators and on Nov 8th we are going to see Mathias Rios' baptism! He is so excited and we are seeing him grow in his testimony of Christ. This week we were able to go out with him for a couple of hours talking to people in the street and teaching. In one of the lessons we talked to Luis and Paula about the Gospel of Christ. We practically didn't teach!! We guided the lesson and Mathias talked about the 5 steps of Faith, Repentance, Baptism, Holy Ghost, and Endure to the end perfectly! His testimony and excitement to be able to do what God wants and change through the Atonement of Christ is amazing. I know that this is the true church and the complete Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored to the earth in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It brings peace into our lives. Love you all and have a great week!
                      ELDER Devashrayee

Us and Scooby Dooby Doo!!! Haha E Abel has a sweet impression of him so we had to take a picture

No comments:

Post a Comment