Monday, August 4, 2014

New Comp, Exercise & New Memories.... 8-4-14

Another week has flown by, and it was definitely a crazy one! So we had changes and Wednesday was one long day. So we got up early and put all of the luggage that Elder D Castillo had in Matias´ car and made the trip over to his new area that is still in our zone. Dropped him off, I am going to miss that Mexican! He was another great comp and we had so many fun times here in Delta doing the work. Like normal it was a little hard to say bye to him, but at least he is still in our Zone. 
Our last night - The Tree Amigos!  Elder Del Castillo, Me and Matias - having fun!

After, Matias took me to the mission home to go get ready to meet my ´kid` :) I was actually pretty anxious sitting there eating breakfast and listening to the Assistants talk about our role and explaining what we can do to help the Newbies get comfortable and feel welcomed. After we had the little "meeting the comp" training and while we were waiting as trainers to go and meet our new comps I felt like I was in the tunnel getting ready to play some ball!! It had been so long since I had had that butterfly feeling, but I loved the anticipation that there was. 

My comp was faced the other way with his eyes closed, and I stood behind and we as trainers sang Called to Serve and then they were able to open their eyes and turn around and we began to get to know each other. It was funny though because standing behind him it was easy to tell that he was Gringo :) His name is Elder Abel! He is from St George (San Jorge) Utah! He just barely graduated this past year from Pine View High School. He was a cross country runner in high school :)

We already got a good run in, and I quickly learned what a year does to being in shape hahaha, but with him that will be fun to be able to run more often! He has a huge desire to learn, and is doing a great job getting settled into mission life. We have been working on Spanish a lot, and I have kinda been his translator for these first few days. It made me think of how I felt starting and not understanding a thing anyone was saying.  But with time it will come and that's what I keep telling him to remember. 

Last night we had a cool experience, and it seems like since he got here we have just been having those memorable experiences! We were with a young couple who aren't married and have 2 kids. The father is a member who got baptized when he was 8 but never went again and his wife isn't a member. We were talking and introducing the Book of Mormon to them. While we were explaining the importance of this book and how it describes the Plan of Salvation that God has for us she opened up. She said that her Father had died 6 months ago and she wanted to know the Plan of God. We testified of God and that plan and how she will be able to be with her Father again through things she does here on Earth. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted the invitation! What strong spirit there was in that little house. 

I know that this Church is True and has the Restored Gospel of Christ in its fullness. I know that God loves us and we have the chance to learn of Him and one day become like our Heavenly Father. 1 John 3: 1-3 testifies of that truth. I love the work we are doing and the responsibility of members of His church to teach and help others come to know of this truth. There are so many who don't know the Perfect Plan that God has for us. Love you all and hope you have a great week! 
                        ELDER Devashrayee
My New Comp - Elder Abel

No comments:

Post a Comment