Monday, August 11, 2014

House on my LEFT & Sincere Prayers.... 8-11-14

What a Spirit filled/Testimony builder week. That is truly how I feel about the week! There must be something that Elder Abel is doing because he is just bringing a great number of blessings to Delta! They always say that the new missionaries do that, and I now know that it is true. Now for the explanation. 

So this past week was going really well for me personally in every single one of my studies that I had. I have started the Book of Mormon again in Spanish, and it seemed like everything I was reading was fitting right into what I needed, our area needed, and what the District needed. It was after 4-5 days in a row of powerful feelings while I studied that I could feel my testimony grow so much about the Power of the Book of Mormon and the importance of the Spirit while reading. It then lead to an experience that I wont be able to forget. 

Last Thursday as we were walking to meet with one of the Less Actives. We were just walking along talking about what we were going to teach and practicing some Spanish when I was honestly just directed to contact the house to my left. I was already walking up to the door when I told him I think we were going to talk to them. There was a little boy out front, and we asked him If we could talk to his parents. He ran inside and brought his mother out to talk to us. We began chatting a little and we asked her if she had ever had the opportunity to talk with Missionaries- She had never talked to them, just had seen them pass by every once in awhile. She accepted to listen to us, but she said she was already baptized in the Catholic Church and she actually went to school to learn how to be a Monk. 

While we were explaining what we do her cousin walked in and we invited him to listen too- He accepted also. We talked about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ and they just listened intently to what we were saying. The Spirit kept building in the lesson. We talked about Joseph Smith and the role he played in bringing the Gospel back to earth in its fullness, and we explained to them that every single person can get answers to their prayers if they pray in faith. We knelt down and he offered to say the prayer. It was one of the most sincere prayers I have heard, and the Spirit testified of everything we had just said. We asked them how they felt at that time and they could only say that they felt such an immense peace in their life and home. I can personally say that I have never felt such an overwhelming sense of peace. The Spirit touched every single one of us in that moment with such power. We invited them to be baptized right then and both of them accepted and asked the hour of their baptism. I left feeling so grateful for the chance that the Lord gave us to be messengers at that time, and to let the Spirit be there so strongly. 

They went to church Sunday and we were able to have a lesson with them in front of the Baptismal Font explaining how they will be ready for that day as they keep listening and are willing to follow every Commandment of God. That is when Gladys prayed and she was just so grateful for everything and said that she can't wait to be baptized. Another sincere prayer of faith. 

Read 1 Nephi 4:6 and 2 Nephi 33:1 I know that the Spirit guides us and we truly are instruments in the Lord´s hands. He says it Himself that His work is our Salvation and Eternal Life, and we are blessed enough to be able to take part in that work as those who know the Gospel. I know that He Lives and this Is His Church here on the Earth. He directs the work and we have the blessing to be able to join in. Love you all and hope you have a great week! :)
                                     ELDER Devashrayee
Elder Abel got a warm welcome to Uruguay!

No comments:

Post a Comment