Monday, June 23, 2014

Felt like a Ping-Pong Ball trying to get to Delta del Tigre..... 6-23-14

This past week was probably one of the craziest weeks I have had in the mission. I got to serve in 3 different zones for at least a day. So let me begin from the beginning. Tuesday night. I had already packed up everything expecting to be leaving with everyone else that was going to down to Montevideo when I received a call from my Zone Leaders in Rivera. Needless to say, my plans were changed dramatically because in Cerro (the stake that I am going to in Montevideo) was going to be having a fireside like we did this past Sunday and President didn't want to take out those missionaries that had been practicing for it. I was sent to Paysandu early Wednesday morning and spent the whole day there. I did divisions with 3 different companionships within 9 hours. I felt like a little ping pong ball being tossed around, but the cool part was I learned a ton from each person and their style of play. 

That night I hopped on the bus again to go to Dolores- arrived there at 10 and spent the rest of the week there with Elder Muller. He is from Evanston Wyoming and has 7 months in the mission. We had some cool experiences those 3 days. A lot of work with recent converts which included watching the Uruguay game in one of their houses! That was memorable work done there! We won and wow did the world down here just explode into fireworks and car horns being honked! I was happy because everyone else was happy with their Country/Futbol pride is crazy! 

The coolest part though was Saturday and the experience that we had. So it was 4 a clock in the afternoon and the secretaries still hadn't called me to give me the bus schedule so I decided to call and bug them. Good thing I did, they had all thought that someone else had told me everything when in reality no one had. My bus was going to be leaving at 7. So I threw the little clothing and supplies that I had taken out into the suitcases and we went out to a couple of lessons. We were in a lesson with a convert, and the clock he had it his house was off... slow, the worst way a clock can ever be off. So we were finishing up the lesson and I looked at my watch and it was already 6:30. I immediately started freaking out because We were at least 15 minutes from our house and another 15 from the terminal where the bus leaves. 

Ya, we left the lesson running to get back to the house haha. I was just praying that the bus was a little behind or something because I couldn't miss that bus and right then a random guy passed us on the street in his car, stopped and asked us if we needed to get somewhere! I just looked at Elder Muller and started to laugh and we both said that would be great. He cheerfully let us hop in and took us back to our house. From there we were able to pick up my bags and make it to the Terminal just in time. That guy truly was a blessing and saved my bacon. He said that he likes the missionaries, never believed what we teach, but thinks highly of the work that we do. I'm so happy that he passed by! 

I spent Sunday with the Zone Leaders of Oeste there in Montevideo and then finally I made it to Cerro to see the Fireside. After one crazy week I am here in Delta and going to be enjoying the time with Elder Del Castillo! He is hilarious and we already had a great P day playing soccer in the rain with our district and a few other Missionaries. We have a lot of work to do here in Delta to help the branch. There are 2 Sisters that are working in this branch too. Our responsibility is to strengthen the members with a lot reactivation work- sounds familiar! 

I can't wait to get going this week! Love you all and I know that Lord makes miracles happen according to the faith that we show! Alma 37 40-41 really taught me a lesson about that the other day. There is no time to be lacking in our faith. It should be a continual process and we need to be diligent in growing it. Have a great week everyone! Love you all!
                          ELDER Devashrayee
My New Companion - Elder Del Castillo

No comments:

Post a Comment