Monday, April 21, 2014

Positive over Negative, Nine months out, & Easter Sunday! 4-21-14

Great week building up to Easter! We were able to have some great experiences this week. I love how the Spiritual experiences are remembered so much easier, and are things that I will never forget. 

We had a lesson Saturday with Mario and his family. We watched "To This End Was I Born" and then shared scriptures about Christ and His Atonement and the Completion of His Atonement with the Resurrection. There was such a powerful spirit that was felt during that time, and the family really enjoyed it. Mario then shared with us his experiences he has been having in just the short month since he was baptized. There was one thing that stuck in my mind and I have been thinking about it a lot since he said it. "The Gospel of Christ and His Church change lives." He has already noticed the difference in his life and is so thankful for it. 

Really made me think about how much the Gospel has changed my life the last 9 months as I have been studying it more with a deeper purpose and desire to apply it. It really changes people. I know that I am so different from when I left thanks to the Atonement of Christ and the Teachings that He gives us in the Scriptures. It truly is a blessing for each and every one of us to know the fullness of the Gospel of Christ and the blessings that there are in it. Mario made me remember to be more grateful for the greatest blessing we have! 

We also have another investigator named Arturo. He is an awesome guy, just struggles to understand. Even the prayer part is still something that he doesn't quite grasp, but he is still progressing and starting to see the happiness or "difference" there is when we talk to him about the Gospel. Originally he didn't have any clothes to wear to church with us, but we found something simple for him to wear. Then last week we found him an old suit that a member was getting rid of and gave it to him. Yesterday he showed up in that suit! He said he really enjoyed the testimonies of everyone and that with time he will understand more. We are going to be working with him and working towards that 3rd of May Baptismal Date!! 

I am so grateful for the experiences that I have had on the mission, and for the Spirit that has taught me so much. I know that the Book of Mormon is true, and with prayerful study can change our life. Christ Lives and has made it possible that we can return to our Heavenly Father through His Love filled Sacrifice for every single one of us. I know He loves us and wants us to be happy- which happiness comes through following Him and obedience to the Commandments. 

I hope everyone had a great Easter and enjoyed the time to think about our Savior and Celebrate His Victory over Death. Easter was a weird one down here. It didn't even feel like Easter, just another day in the work! But we did get to see the Easter Program that was put up on the BYU channel with Sister Wixom, Elder Holland and Elder Scott. We watched while we ate with one family for lunch.   Love you all!! :)
                 ELDER Devashrayee

Ran across this 'beaut the other day.  I wanted to get in.... but the owner said 
"sorry to tell you but you have too long of legs" haha.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment