Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference thoughts & FHE playing UNO - fun times! 4-7-14

Well there is definitely a reason why Conference is done 2 times a year! Such a boost to what we can do better and how to grow closer to our Heavenly Father. The Spirit was really strong, and to be honest I don't want to watch conference when I am not in the mission haha.  Seems like the Conferences hit me harder because of where I am and what I am trying to do! 

The week leading up to conference was an interesting one, but we did have a lot of success in inviting others to go to Conference. Even though only a few went, those that accepted our invitation, whether they be menos activos (active members) or investigadores (investigators), had an experience watching and listening. We were able to have a Family Home Evening with the family of Mario in the house of a member. We talked about the blessing of a living prophet and Mario began testifying to his family of the help the Gospel has been making in his life this past month. It went really well and the family was touched by the members hospitality to let them enjoy the night and eat some food with them! We finished the lesson playing a game of UNO!!! Crazy that they have no Idea what the game is and it is even in Spanish.... hahaha they loved it though! We will be having another FHE coming up this week with them, and I feel that they are seeing the difference of the Gospel. 

I'm going to put up a few of the quotes and themes that I got from this past Conference that stood out to me. 
¨Pure true Christ Like love can change the world¨ Elder Holland. 
¨Daily scripture study and personal prayer and FHE once a week are the most important things we should do during the week¨ Sister Reeves. 
¨Righteousness must be chosen¨ Pres Eyring. 
"Faith is only safe in Christ¨ Brother Nelson. 
¨Communicate with love, No Corrupt Communication¨ Brother Zwick. 
¨There are no true endings, just everlasting beginnings¨ Pres Uchtdorf. I loved that one a ton. Such a powerful statement of our potential and blessings. 
¨Forgiveness goes hand in hand with love¨ Pres Monson. 
¨The truth will always be opposed¨ Brother Cobridge. 

I know that this Church is true and what we were taught by our Leaders was inspiration from the Lord. We are imperfect beings made perfect over time through our devotion to the Lord and His Atonement. I know He lives and His love is a love that will carry us through whatever challenge we might be faced with. I'm so grateful for the mission and the opportunity I have to spread the Gospel and learn how to be a better disciple of Christ myself. Love you all and invite everyone to reread and follow the talks from this last Conference!! Have a great week! :)
                         ELDER Devashrayee

No comments:

Post a Comment