Monday, February 17, 2014

New companion, Mosiah chapter 4 and 66 at church - Sweet! 2/17/14

Week of changes is always an interesting one! So like I said my new comp is Elder Mandujano (yes I know how to spell it now) and he is from Peru. He has 10 months in the mission and is way awesome. A little on the serious side so that has been a change for me, but we get along well and he wants to work so I'm happy! 

Elder Mandujano & Travis

Its just funny when I introduce him to new people. I do miss Elder Zapata though. I really don't like changes. We have a really good friendship and companionship and then it gets changed, but I'm grateful to be able to meet new people. I seem to learn something new with each new companionship.  And Elder Zapata is still in our area so we see each other a lot. 

But this week was an eye opener for my companion. He has been in other areas where it is more 'humble' and people actually answer the door. He had a rough couple days walking and not having anyone be in their house to talk to. But we have been talking with the Bishop a lot and other leaders in our ward to try and find more people that they know and try and re-activate them or find new investigators. On the good side we did have 66 people in church on Sunday which was sweet! 

We also went to talk with the Braga family this week and they found out that they won't be able to get married until June... That was a blow, but they want to have their 2 daughters be baptized here in the new future! They truly are an awesome family, and even though I might not be here to see the parents get baptized, they have been a huge motivator for me in this area! A family that knows what they are doing is true through their own personal experiences and testimony. They truly are an example from Mosiah 4 in general (verses 11 and 12 I like personally). People that understand the importance of Christ and how much we do need him. They are humble and want to do the will of God and be faithful to what he wants. 

It has been something that I have been able to tell the difference between investigators. I love those that already have that desire and really all we are doing is teaching them Doctrinal Truths that they need to know, and others that we teach, but never really put it to the test. Heavenly Father really does have such great love for us. There is no greater joy than that of change and repentance. That 'fruit' is the sweetest of all, and we can 'taste' of it for ourselves. 

The Atonement is the greatest gift we have in our reach, and nothing else will bring a deeper sense of gratitude, humility, and love for Christ and Heavenly Father. That is our message and purpose here as missionaries. Invite everyone to come unto Christ by helping them understand the Importance of Faith in Christ and Repentance through Baptism and the Sacrament. I'm grateful for this opportunity and I will keep moving forward! Have a great week everyone! 
                                ELDER Devashrayee

No comments:

Post a Comment