Thursday, August 15, 2013

Flooding the Earth Again..... 8/15/13

For those of you wondering this is a day in the CCM (this is what they call the MTC in Buenos Aires). We get up at 6:30 every morning and go to breakfast. Class starts at 8am and we have Personal Study time and Companion Study time along with a rotation of "IPs"  (which is the role playing that is done) between our district so every other day we teach in the morning. We then have some sort of grammar study from 10:30 to 11:45 and then lunch. Class starts back up at 12:30 and that is usually the time we are taught how to teach. It lasts until 2:15pm and that is when we have Actividad Fisica (fitness time) until 4pm. The basketball courts here are pretty bad so it is hard to play for real which is too bad because there are some decent players and I am really missing Competitive Sports! Instead, we either play soccer or volleyball. After the fun-filled activity time we have go to the Computers and use this program called TALL which helps us gain more Church vocab and simple phrases we can you use for the streets and in our IP time. A new teacher comes and we have the other IP which we get to teach every other day. During this time we usually get to plan lessons or practice, whichever we want to do. Then dinner at 6:15, ends at 7:30. After dinner we go over a Fundamental of the Gospel and practice those ideas in our lessons. We plan for the next day from 9 to 9:30pm and then we have time to get ready to go to bed with lights out being at 10:30pm. A very FULL day! There you have it folks! Its a thriller ;) but this past week was another good one! I'm getting used to the teaching style more but my brain has been fried with all the different grammar things we did this week. 

Oh and the Dulce I just can't get enough. The stuff is too good. I have these little 25 gram packets throughout the day! Since last P-day I ate 29 of them... haha They are just TOO GOOD! 

Now to the good stuff from last Saturday. So we went Pros. to the same little area we had last week (Villa Maipu) and went right back to Marcelo´s house who was the guy who spoke English last week. He was so nice and immediately let us go in and use the bathroom and talk to his mom! He then got pretty serious and we sat down in his family room and began talking about the Church. He asked the Golden Question right off the bat... What makes our church different?? Me and my companion were so excited to hear that and began to explain that we have the Fullness of the Gospel of Christ along with the Power of God through the Priesthood. He was very interested and we talked a little about those ideas and then he asked the next great question. So what is the Book of Mormon then? We explained to him the First Vision of Joseph Smith and where the Book of Mormon came from. It is ANOTHER testament of Jesus Christ which he was not liking at first because he said that only the Bible is the true book and God had no other writings. We told him about the people here in the Americas also wrote history and the Book of Mormon is about them. He had a really big change in outlook after this and said this. "I don´t know if you are right or I am right, but one thing I do know is God is right. I will do what God wants me to do." We told him Moroni´s promise in Mor 10 3-5 and how he can come to find the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon if he does those steps. He immediately said I will. Such a great experience and I wish I could go back this Saturday to see how it went!! But we go to a new area so I will never know, but I do know he felt the Spirit when we bore testimony of the church. He felt how sincere we were and I have no doubt in my mind if he read the Book of Mormon with a real intent to find truth, God answered him. 

After that nobody really talked to us on the streets, but I will never forget my first real lesson in the Mission. That was such a great experience knowing that we were bringing one of God´s Children the Truth. I know this Gospel is true and I know God and Jesus Christ live today. They want every single one of us to be happy and come unto him is a closer way. The only way that is possible is through Atonement of Jesus Christ. It is simple, through him we can become perfected. There is no other way to become stronger in the Gospel then to gain a stronger testimony of Christ. 

The Lord isn't flooding the world with water this time, but with His Gospel!! Grab your life jackets though just in case.  

These past 4 weeks have been one of the best times of my life. Being able to gain a little bigger, but true, testimony of Christ. Love you all and wish the best for those of you starting up school! Have a great week and may God be with you!!  My scripture this week is Mor. 10 3-5. I challenge people to read this and truly ponder those words and take action in Faith.
                 ELDER Devashrayee

No comments:

Post a Comment