Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dulce de Leche - MTC week 2 - August 1st 2013

Another great letter from Elder Devashrayee:

Well this Week went by so fast! It seems like just a few days ago I was writing to you guys. The days seem to just combine together and blur a little because we are doing the same exact things everyday. Its a great time with everyone and I can see how they say it happens so fast! My district is awesome. We have 14 of us in the same classroom 12 hours of each day and we haven't had an argument or even any tension yet! District leader Gummersall and his companion Elder Hall are probably my 2 best friends here at the MTC. Me and Elder McRae are always talking to them about different doctrines and how we can say those things in Spanish! Elder Hall has a great sense of humor which is great because there are times when we just need to lighten up and have a laugh. That's been my goal this week, to not get so overwhelmed and not have any fun, luckily for me Elder Hall is pretty darn good at it. 

The Spanish part of it all is the hardest part for me. Its been 2 weeks and I wish I was better but I keep telling myself that it will come at some later point and all I can do is just practice and learn. My companion is picking it up really fast which is great because it has been motivating me to work harder and be better in Spanish. 

The Latinos that I came with left 2 days ago which was extremely hard! Those guys were awesome and I honestly loved being around them so much. It was hard to say good bye but what a feeling to know they were going out into the real world to teach and help those in need of the Gospel and Jesus Christ with them! 

I have pictures so I will send them when I get out of the MTC because it takes forever to send them here and we really don´t have much time to email. 

I am way excited for this Saturday because we get to go out into the city and proselyte! Its going to be great to get out and talk (at least try to) to everyone we see! This will happen every Saturday until I leave the MTC so there is always something to be looking forward to! 

I have a confession to make though... I think I'm addicted to Dulce de leche!! That stuff is AMAZING and I have some with almost every meal! I can't get over why we don't have more of that in the US because it is far superior to regular caramel. Hands down. 

This week we have been focusing more on being able to clear our minds and just listen to the investigator and the Spirit instead of thinking about what we are going to say. It is a little tough for me to do that because I want to be able to translate a sentence in my head what to say. The Spirit is the most important part to Conversion. I can already tell how much it makes a difference when we are speaking. All of these things or difficulties I have been having I just think of this Scripture of the Week for me. Its Alma 37 6-7. So simple yet I know that through small things great things come to pass. 

Yo se que Jesucristo es mi Salvador. Yo se que la iglesia es verdadera y por medio Jesucristo Expacion veré Él y mi familia para siempre. cuando lucho yo puedo orar para paz y consuelo y Dios bendicerá mi vida. 

I'm so excited for the work ahead and I know I need to just put my trust in the Lord that he has a plan for me and those I will meet. The Atonement is so real. No matter what we are feeling or what we need in our life, the Atonement of Jesus Christ covers it all. How simple it sounds yet incredible to think about. He truly has pure love for us to die and suffer like he did so we can live with him again. He is the best Big Brother EVERYONE has. Love you all and can't wait to here more updates!
                              ELDER Devashrayee

No comments:

Post a Comment